Field Service Technician
Lightning Systems designs and manufacturers zero emission all-electric powertrains for commercial vehicles.
This position is for a Field Service Technician, responsible for providing a high level of on-site and remote support to Lightning Systems customers and service providers. A qualified person in this position acts as a mobile field service technician to resolve technical (mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic) issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This position is multi-functional, serving as a technical resource to help customer and service provider technicians identify, troubleshoot, and resolve in-field issues along with a number of other responsibilities within the company
- Serve as a customer-facing technical member of the Customer Operations team.
- Install, commission, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain existing and future fielded Lightning Systems products (local and remote).
- Interface and communicate with engineers, other staff, and customers to provide effective end-user support to resolve issues.
- Serve as a professional representative of Lightning Systems with timely and courteous responses to customer service calls.
- Develop and maintain service information and history using the company’s service database and other software tools.
- Consult with engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve unusual in-field issues or problems.
- Develop documentation, processes, and procedures related to Lightning Systems’ best practices; develop thorough knowledge of these documents and processes and instruct others in their application.
- Read and evaluate installation and service material (engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams, etc.), make appropriate updates and revisions as necessary.
- Provide serviceability input during design reviews (prevent serviceability problems before they arise).
- Advise staff regarding in-field product performance, customer satisfaction, and areas of potential product improvement.
- Provide on-site training and periodic audits of Lightning Systems authorized conversion and service providers.
- Provide on-site training for Lightning Systems customers (driver and technician training).
- Assist with testing, repair, and production duties at HQ technical facility.
- Certificate of Completion from accredited automotive technical school
- Excellent Customer Service oriented skills and attitude
- Comprehensive knowledge of shop and automotive tools
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills, ability to effectively communicate in-person, over the phone, and in written formats
- Proactive, self-motivated, and independent worker; ability to work alone or as part of a team (both LS and non-LS personnel)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to read drawings, prints, schematics, and diagrams
- Strong troubleshooting ability and outside of the box thinking
- Must be proficient with computers (MS Office suite, basic networking, service tracking software)
- Ability to travel (may exceed 25% of time, travel can be irregular and immediate)
- Extended work shifts, may exceed 12 hours at times
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking
- Highly organized and documented
- Proven service experience / history
- Electric vehicle maintenance and repair experience
- Medium and Heavy Duty truck experience
- Automotive diagnostics (CAN, OBDII) and repair experience
- Vehicle programming experience (tuning and optimization with software)
- Automotive wiring experience
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Depends on Experience
Safety Manager & Human Resources Coordinator
Lightning Systems, a growing company that designs and manufactures zero emission all-electric powertrains for commercial vehicles, is seeking a talented Safety Manager/Human Resources Coordinator to join our team of outstanding professionals. Our products are meticulously and intelligently designed to deliver value to our customers and you will be an integral part of the process. This is your opportunity to work with like-minded, passionate, technical professionals dedicated to making a difference in the world. We are a team of 50 who are accustomed to wearing multiple hats, working collaboratively, and comfortable expressing ideas to a receptive management team. Every employee takes safety seriously and it is our #1 priority, ensuring our employees go home to their families each night free of injury. This is a new position in our company and is a critical position to support our future growth. If you consider yourself an outgoing and approachable person who is adept at connecting with all levels of the organization, we want to hear from you.
More about us:
Our products include all-electric powertrains for the Ford 350HD Passenger Wagon and Cargo Van, Ford E450 Shuttle Bus and Cutaway models, Chevrolet 6500SD Low Cab Forward model, and 30, 35, and 40 foot transit buses. Our team works with commercial fleets to provide the right electric powertrain to align with their preferred vehicles and application. Lightning’s products improve a fleet’s operating costs and make sure they are driving the cleanest and most advanced technology available. Simply put, we have a commitment to environmental responsibility, exceptional quality and quiet, powerful performance. Our electric powertrains provide savings on fuel and fueling time, lower maintenance costs, dramatic reduction in brake wear, more vehicle uptime without emission testing or oil changes, significant savings on operating costs, and cleaner air.
Please visit www.lightningsystems.com to learn more!
About the position:
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Controller, the Safety Manager/HR Coordinator is responsible for the safety, welfare and administration of our growing employee base. The focus of this position is on Safety and secondarily on administrative Human Resources with willingness to take on more HR duties over time.
- Coordinate and facilitate training, policies, & procedures focused on workplace safety for all staff in order to educate the importance of injury/accident prevention
- Oversee the Safety Committee
- Verify tasks are safely executed and staff are properly trained according to OSHA, NFPA, applicable safety codes, Hazmat procedures, and ADA Compliance Regulations
- Ensure work areas, PPE, Tools, Equipment, etc. are maintained to a safe standard
- Create and maintain Operational Safety Programs including, but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out, Forklift Operation and operators, PPE, First Aid, Contractor Safety, etc.
- Liaison between facilities, outside contractors, and company to ensure safety procedures are being followed and the proper permits are being obtained
- Manage & maintain safety files, workers compensation claims and accident investigations
- Human Resources
- Assist in and eventually manage the company’s full employment cycle to include recruiting, on-boarding, off-boarding, and employee transitions
- Oversee setup and maintenance of personnel documentation and files
- Document, maintain, and communicate company policies, procedures, and cultural landscape to new and existing employees
- Communicate and support department leaders & IT as necessary for new & departing employees
- Assist in and eventually manage the company’s benefit administration process including health and 401K
- Coordinate with payroll processing to ensure new-hires, terminations, or changes as necessary before payroll processing
- Point of contact liaison between benefit broker and company for open enrollment or to address any issues that arise from employees and the carriers in a timely manner
- Minimum 3 years safety experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, ADA, EPA and other applicable industry environmental, health & safety standards
- Able to understand and execute processes including: recognizing employee needs, communicating process changes, measuring and assessing success and identifying areas of improvement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is critical in the position and handle highly sensitive & confidential situations
- Strong teamwork, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks with multiple level positions in the organization
- Bachelors Degree preferably in health/safety
Desired experience in the following:
- Fundamental understanding of benefit administration, payroll, onboarding, & other Human Resources tasks
- Certified trainer or willing and capable of being certified in First Aid/CPR/AED
Human Resource compliance and reporting including ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.