Open Positions at Lightning Systems
Interested in joining our team of leading-edge professionals based in Northern Colorado that’s at the forefront of the clean air and energy efficiency movement?
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
Field Service Technician
Lightning Systems designs and manufacturers zero emission all-electric powertrains for commercial vehicles.
This position is for a Field Service Technician, responsible for providing a high level of on-site and remote support to Lightning Systems customers and service providers. A qualified person in this position acts as a mobile field service technician to resolve technical (mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic) issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This position is multi-functional, serving as a technical resource to help customer and service provider technicians identify, troubleshoot, and resolve in-field issues along with a number of other responsibilities within the company
- Serve as a customer-facing technical member of the Customer Operations team.
- Install, commission, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain existing and future fielded Lightning Systems products (local and remote).
- Interface and communicate with engineers, other staff, and customers to provide effective end-user support to resolve issues.
- Serve as a professional representative of Lightning Systems with timely and courteous responses to customer service calls.
- Develop and maintain service information and history using the company’s service database and other software tools.
- Consult with engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve unusual in-field issues or problems.
- Develop documentation, processes, and procedures related to Lightning Systems’ best practices; develop thorough knowledge of these documents and processes and instruct others in their application.
- Read and evaluate installation and service material (engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams, etc.), make appropriate updates and revisions as necessary.
- Provide serviceability input during design reviews (prevent serviceability problems before they arise).
- Advise staff regarding in-field product performance, customer satisfaction, and areas of potential product improvement.
- Provide on-site training and periodic audits of Lightning Systems authorized conversion and service providers.
- Provide on-site training for Lightning Systems customers (driver and technician training).
- Assist with testing, repair, and production duties at HQ technical facility.
- Certificate of Completion from accredited automotive technical school
- Excellent Customer Service oriented skills and attitude
- Comprehensive knowledge of shop and automotive tools
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills, ability to effectively communicate in-person, over the phone, and in written formats
- Proactive, self-motivated, and independent worker; ability to work alone or as part of a team (both LS and non-LS personnel)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to read drawings, prints, schematics, and diagrams
- Strong troubleshooting ability and outside of the box thinking
- Must be proficient with computers (MS Office suite, basic networking, service tracking software)
- Ability to travel (may exceed 25% of time, travel can be irregular and immediate)
- Extended work shifts, may exceed 12 hours at times
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking
- Highly organized and documented
- Proven service experience / history
- Electric vehicle maintenance and repair experience
- Medium and Heavy Duty truck experience
- Automotive diagnostics (CAN, OBDII) and repair experience
- Vehicle programming experience (tuning and optimization with software)
- Automotive wiring experience
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Depends on Experience
Send resume and cover letter to jobs@LightningHybrids.com with “Service Technician” in the subject line.